Paneer butter masala is a restaurant style rich, creamy and delicious paneer dish prepared using butter and cream. It is one of the most popular dishes in Indian cuisine.
- 200 grams paneer
- 2 medium onions (finely chopped)
- 2 medium tomato (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 Tsp Kasuri methi (or dried fenugreek leaves)
- 1.5 Tbsp Oil
- Salt (as per required)
- 10 cashew nuts (broken down)
- 2 Tbsp cream
- 1 Tbsp coriander leaves
- 1-2 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon
- 3 green cardamom
- 3 cloves
- 1 Tsp garam masala powder
- 1 Tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 Tsp red chilli powder
- Heat oil in a pan
- Put Onions in the pan and fry them till golden brown
- Add the tomatoes and salt and fry them for 2-3 minutes
- Cover the mixture and let it sit till it gets soft
- Add cashews, red chili powder, garam masala and coriander power and mix it well.
- Let it cool and then put it in a blender and blend it well with 1 cup of water.
- Heat the butter in the same pan
- Add cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf, cardamom, ginger garlic paste and fry them together till they are well incorporated.
- Pour the blended mixture back into the pan with a cup of water.
- If needed, add red chili powder and cook the mixture until it thickens.
- Add kasuri methi, paneer and fresh cream to the mixture. Stir well for 2 minutes.